Wednesday, November 16, 2011

AZ countdown: 6 days!

So Dustin and I made a goal to work once a week on a talent of ours... I decided to work on one of my weaknesses instead... cooking! Each week I try to make a new recipe... This is how I justify spending so much time on pinterest =] Here's this weeks! We put it on rice.

Honey Sauced Chicken
3/4 pound chicken (of your choice)
1/2 tsp. salt --> didn't use b/c everything else already has a lot of salt...
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup soy sauce --> used teriyaki sauce instead b/c I don't like soy sauce... b/c of the salt... haha
1/8 cup chopped onion (or 1/16 cup onion flakes) --> didn't actually use b/c I don't like onions... not b/c of the salt =]
1/8 cup ketchup
1 Tbs. vegetable oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes

To bake chicken as a 30 minute meal:
Dice chicken and season both sides with salt (also didn't add this...) and pepper, place in 8x8 pan. Pour sauce over chicken and bake at 350 for 20 minutes, stirring after 10 minutes. (serves 2)

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to get groceries for this today. Don't let me down!

    It sounds delish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, this sounds so yummy!!! Thank you so much! I am going to try this.

    ReplyDelete